This Shrimp dish is a bit spicy, but you can adjust to your
Spicy Asian Shrimp with Brown Rice:
(makes 2 servings)
- First, start 1-2 cups brown rice simmering.
- In a large skillet, saute on medium-high heat a
couple of minced garlic cloves with whole thinly
sliced red bell pepper and thin green beans(raw or
frozen) in sesame oil.
- Add salt to taste(or soy sauce, if you prefer), and
add one pinch of powdered lemongrass if you have
- Sprinkle with nanami togarashi(a traditional
- Japanese spice mix featuring chili pepper, orange
peel, black sesame, white sesame, ginger, japanese
pepper, and seaweed).
- When veggies are tender and garlic soft and golden, turn heat to high and add 2
cups of peeled, deveined, shrimp.
- Dump drained rice into the pan, add a little more sesame oil, and toss/stir until
shrimp are pink, everything is hot, and very little liquid remains(only a minute or