#lunch_box protip: cook your rice with pineapple juice instead of water. Awesome with chicken or salmon.
- Choose your favorite rice. This works particularly well with basmati or jasmine rice.
- Add a half-cup of dry rice per person (half-cup per serving) to your pot.
- Put double the amount of pineapple juice into the pot (compared to the amount of dry rice). For one person, you may be able to get away with just opening a 16 ounce can of pineapple and using the juice with a little water.
- Optional: Add some chunks of pineapple to the rice. For example, for one person, using the juice from a can of pineapple rings, chop up two rings into small bits, and add that to the pot.
- Cook your rice as normal, following the directions. Stir often, as the pineapple juice will be more prone to burning on the bottom.
This is really yummy alone or with some chicken or salmon that has been seasoned with ginger, teriyaki, or molasses! Leftover pineapple rice can easily be reheated in a microwave by adding a teaspoon of water to the dish first, and then covering it first.